ENTRY PERIOD AND ELIGIBILITY.
The "Gnarly Head Summer Just Got Lit" Contest ("Contest") begins 12:00AM Mountain Time ("MT") on June 15, 2022 and ends 11:59PM MT on August 31, 2022 ("Entry Period"). Entries must be sent in during the Entry Period. Entries may be collectively referred to as an "Entry" or "Entries". All Entries, to the extent permitted by law, become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
The following individuals are not eligible:
- Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, Administrator or each of their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and web-design, advertising and promotion agencies, fulfillment, judging or other agency involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively "Parties"), and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling, child, and their respective spouses or "step" of each, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households whether or not related. Licensed distributors or retailers of alcoholic beverages, and their employees, are not eligible. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Sponsor and/or Administrator, agency or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying the prize, and/or their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year in the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest.
- Employees or members of the immediate family of, or domiciled with, an employee of the BCLDB, LCRB, AGLC, SLGA, MBL, LCBO,ANBL, NSLC or NLLC their respective affiliated companies, of any licensees authorized by BCLDB, LCRB, AGLC, SLGA, MBL, LCBO,ANBL, NSLC or NLLC or of the independent contest organization.
Entrants may enter the Contest using their mobile phone, utilizing the mobile device camera function to scan the QR code found on point of sale or online/social Contest advertising materials. Entrants will be directly linked from the QR code to gnarlyhead.modisclub.com which contains the official entry form including fields such as birth date, full name and address, telephone number, and email address. Entrants must confirm they are of legal drinking age or older. Entrants must complete all fields in the online entry form or Entry will not be accepted. Except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules, limit one Entry per person or email address during the Entry Period. Entrants using this method of entry must have a mobile phone with camera and web browsing capabilities, as may be applicable, to enter the Contest and may incur data charges from their wireless service provider for entering. Entrants are encouraged to check with their wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. Entrants understand the Entry is considered an electronic signature agreeing to the terms in connection with the Contest.
ONLINE (Alternate Method of Entry)
Alternatively, entrants may enter online by visiting gnarlyhead.modisclub.com and submitting the official entry form including such fields as birth date, full name and address, telephone number, and email address. Entrants must confirm they are of legal drinking age or older. Entrants must complete all fields in the online entry form or Entry will not be accepted. If an entrant does not have a computer or other device to access the Internet, many public libraries offer free access to computers and the Internet.
Each entrant may earn a maximum of one (1) Entry during the Entry Period. Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. The Contest and all content thereof is intended only for those who are of legal drinking age or older. Entrants should not share content with those who do not meet legal drinking age requirements. Administrator and Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, mutilated, incomplete or misdirected Entries.
All Entries are subject to verification. All submitted Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged except as may be provided herein. By submitting an Entry, entrants irrevocably grant Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the Entry, including but not limited to, the right to use entrant's name and picture/photo ("Likeness"), and/or statements regarding their participation in this Contest (with or without using the entrant's name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the entrant or any other party. Entrants expressly waive any intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor's use of the Entry, and agree not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of the Entry or entrant's Likeness or statements, and agrees to waive any moral rights therein.
PRIZES AND ODDS.
There will be a total of three (3) prizes offered in the Contest. One winner will be chosen by random draw from each of the following 3 regions: 1.) Western Canada (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba); 2). Eastern Canada (Ontario); 3). Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland). Each winner will receive a Phantom Rogues 425 Series Napoleon Barbeque with an Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of $1599.99 CAD for each. Alcohol is not part of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value. Winners must be of legal drinking age or older.
No substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are responsible for any and all federal, provincial and municipal taxes or assessments, as well as any forms or reporting as may be required by any taxing authorities for the calendar year in which the prize is awarded. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received.
WINNER SELECTION AND DECLARATION.
Potential winners will be chosen on or around September 1, 2021 in a random drawing from all eligible Entries timely received. The potential winners will be drawn by the Administrator, whose decision with respect to the selection of the potential winners, made in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of these rules and regulations, will be final. The potential winners will be notified by email or telephone, as provided by the entrant in their Entry. The potential winners will have 48 hours from time of initial notification to respond to Administrator.
Before the selected entrant can be declared a winner, they will be required to do the following:
- Within 24 hours from entrant’s qualified response to notification that they are a potential winner, correctly answer, without assistance, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered via telephone.
- Within 3 calendar days from entrant’s qualified response to notification that they are a potential winner, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Acceptance of Conditions, and Liability/Publicity Release or similar ("Affidavit").
Up to three (3) attempts will be made to contact a selected entrant by telephone; if a selected entrant cannot be contacted through reasonable attempts within two (2) calendar days of the first attempt to contact them, or fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or otherwise fails to sign and return the requested documents within the specified time, they may be disqualified and forfeit their prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
In the event of dispute concerning the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the telephone account or email account associated with the Entry. The selected entrant/winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she/they are the authorized account holder, as applicable. Sponsor, Administrator and their respective agencies are not responsible for notifications that are misdirected because of incorrect or inactive e-mail accounts or telephone numbers, or for any other reason beyond their control. Return of any prize notification as "undeliverable" will result in disqualification. If for any reason any prize is not claimed or a winner is disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
Prize will be delivered to the physical address as provided by the declared Contest winners. The declared winners are responsible for providing an accurate delivery address within British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia or Newfoundland.
- HOLD HARMLESS.Contest is provided "as is”. Winners and entrants agree that Sponsor and Parties shall not be responsible or liable for, and each winner and entrant agrees to release and hold harmless, Sponsor and Parties from losses, damages, or injuries of any kind to person, including personal injury or death, or property resulting from participating in the Contest or Contest-related activity, including, but not limited to, the acceptance/possession and/or use or misuse of any prize or any injury or damage to entrant’s or third person’s property related to or resulting from any prize or any part of the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that Sponsor and Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and that entrant shall hold Sponsor and Parties harmless against, any liability for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy as well as injuries, damages, or losses of any kind, whether or not foreseeable, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages to persons or to property arising out of the prize awarded hereunder.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding the Contest, including any websites used in connection therewith and any prize awarded hereunder, are provided "as is” without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement, all of which are expressly disclaimed by Sponsor and Parties.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE.No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload information in connection with participating in the Contest, for any lost, stolen, illegible, damaged, late or ineligible entries, for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, late or ineligible entries, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, typographical or other errors, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Contest.
Without limiting the foregoing, no responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of any websites related to the Contest in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or any websites related to the Contest; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an e-mail account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and Parties are not responsible for any typographical, printing or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on any websites related to the Contest. Use of any websites related to the Contest is at user's own risk. Sponsor and Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of any websites related to the Contest or the download of any information from any websites related to the Contest. By participating in the Contest, the entrant forever releases and discharges Sponsor and Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, Winner agrees that Sponsor and Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor and Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event”).
- INDEMNIFICATION AND REMEDIES. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnitees"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the entrant's entry, or the entrant's conduct in creating or submitting an entry or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark or copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation. Entrants further agree to forever release and discharge Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes entrant's rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in any entry.
- MODIFICATION.If for any reason the Contest cannot run as planned, including without limitation a Force Majeure Event, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Contest and/or to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive manner, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website involved in the Contest or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and/or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages, including attorneys' fees, from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- CHOICE OF LAW:All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, Sponsor and the Indemnitees in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada. All claims, judgments and awards on behalf of entrant will be limited to lesser of actual out-of-pocket costs incurred or three hundred fifty Canadian dollars (CAD 350). Legal fees will not be awarded or available to entrant, even if entrant proves to be a prevailing party. WHERE PERMITTED BY LAW, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT HE OR SHE HEREBY WAIVES AND RELEASES ANY RIGHT TO BRING ANY DISPUTE AS A CLASS ACTION OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SAME.
Contest administrator is Select Wines, #470-1122 Mainland Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 5L1.